Sunday, December 23, 2018

Winter Wedding

December 17, 2018: Tahna and Rodney on their wedding day.

I got to be Sarah's date to a wedding on Monday evening. One of her best friends since high school married the man of her dreams two days before flying to Tennessee, where the new couple will make their home. Tahna has two young children from a previous marriage, and Rod has four, so they are starting off with a houseful! 

Wedding cake on display.

Besides being Sarah's friend, Tahna is also family. She's a younger sister of my sister-in-law Dana (Jeff's wife), so we've known each other for a long time. Tahna is one of the sweetest gals we've ever had the pleasure to know, and we wish her all the happiness she so deserves.

The wedding ceremony begins.

The wedding was hosted at the home of a wonderful family who lived near Tahna in Snowflake. When I looked up the address online and saw the little red "pin" on the map, I thought to myself, "I think I've been there before." So I switched to street view and saw the front of the house (below). Then I texted Sarah to tell her I was pretty sure it was the same house where we first met David Archuleta for "Dinner with David" before a concert a year and a half ago. And, indeed, it was the same house!

This house was strangely familiar to Sarah and me!

It's a beautiful house and the owners are the ultimate hosts. They served sixty or so wedding guests a large meal that was every bit as sumptuous as the one Sarah and I had enjoyed there last year. By the time they brought out the main course of chicken, steak, twice-baked potatoes, mixed vegetables, and fresh-baked bread with rich honey-butter, we were already pretty well filled up on appetizers of garden salad, green bean salad, and more bread. All followed by delicious lemon wedding cake, of course.

We're so happy for Tahna and Rod. Congratulations, you two!

A main course fit for a queen!

No comments: