Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby Boys

Our family has been blessed with an abundance of baby boys this year! On May 6 my nephew Jamison and his wife Monica had their first child, Trenton James. On June 2 my step-sister Becky and her husband Dylan had their first child, Dale Morgan. On July 2 my niece Ashley and her husband Matt had their second son, Garrett Marshall, who joins their firstborn Gage Lee. On July 10 my nephew Jeremy and his wife Cami had their second child, Jaren Dean (see above photo), who joins their firstborn Analyce Lichelle. (I must mention here that my niece Genevieve and her husband Scott have two sweet little girls of their own, Brooke Fern and Jaycee Lou.) And on July 19 my nephew Justin and his wife Alisha had their first son, Aiden Alan, who is a great comfort to them since the tragic loss of his sister Rhionna Dina last October. Thank Heaven that families truly are forever!

After we picked Jacob up from Camp Geronimo on Wednesday, we drove on down to Mesa--since we were halfway there already--to do some back-to-school shopping. We enjoyed eating out and swimming and visiting family. Sarah, Jacob, Dylan, and Jacob's friend Bryce spent the night at great-grandma Helen's house and had some time with their dad, Mark, and their former pet, beloved Jack Russell terrier Astro. (I myself luxuriated in a Holiday Inn suite all to myself!) Then we spent time with Aunt Karla and Uncle Brian and the kids' Mesa cousins. That's when we got to meet one of my new grand-nephews, Jaren, and take the attached pictures of him and his big sister Analyce. He is so huggable! Sarah, of course, held him for every possible second!

It was wonderful to see everyone, but we were very glad to return home to our cool White Mountains home after the 112 degree temperatures in the Valley of the Sun!

No comments: