Saturday, April 12, 2014

One More Tee

 
I spent the day at Petrified Forest National Park and the Painted Desert with Jacob and Danielle and Ryan and Shera. We had a blast. On our way out, we stopped at a gift shop and, of course, I bought this new souvenir tee-shirt. And it was on sale!
 
This was also a productive day. My purpose in taking this day trip was to do research for a book I'm writing. Chapter 9 takes place in Petrified Forest National Park, so I wanted to get a feel for the location. Especially since it's been more than 15 years since the last time I went there on a science field trip (back when I used to teach earth science).
 
It worked! I now know where the two important events from chapter 9 will take place within the park! For chapter 10 we'll research fishing at Woods Canyon Lake, and I already have volunteers to accompany me!

No comments: