Friday, April 16, 2010

The Senior

Eugene and Wyndie offer express service!  They had Jacob's senior pictures downloaded and edited within a few hours after the photo shoot.  Don't you agree they did a great job?

Last night and this evening I spent hours sorting through nearly 200 photos, narrowing it down to the 41 best shots.  Once he gets through tomorrow's Prom night, Jacob will need to sit down with those 41 and select the ones he wants printed to send in his graduation announcements.

As for me, I already chose an 8x10 and 5x7 to frame and hang next to my bed with Sarah's senior pictures: the shot above and the one below.

Here are a few more of my favorites: 

Doesn't he look like a poster in a teen magazine?  My son the rock star!

Jacob on April 15, 2010: age 18



The shark-tooth necklace was a gift to Jacob from his Aunt Tamera when we visited Missouri last summer.  Tamera's brother-in-law in Florida caught the shark that provided the tooth, and her sister made the necklace herself, so it's a special souvenir.


I just had to slip this last one in.  Jacob will never choose this shot because he hates to show his teeth in pictures.  However, this is the face I will miss most after he goes away to serve a mission for two years.  This is the mischievous, laughing child I will cherish in my memory forever. 

I'm so proud of you, my baby boy!

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

He looks like a male model...especially the first picture. Very handsome. I like his teeth showing, he has a great smile.
On the other hand my Logan never liked his smile and all his teenage pictures look like he is depressed.

Oh you are beginning to sound like a Missionary Mom!

Scott and Genevieve said...

The photographers did do great! I love the backgrounds. Jacob looks very handsome! I can't believe he is graduating and will leave on a mission soon. Time flies! So proud of you Jacob!

LORI said...

AWESOME PICTURES--LOVE THEM ALL! CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ALREADY GRADUATING; TIME GOES BY TOO QUICKLY!