Monday, July 28, 2014

My Blog Is a 6-Year-Old!

 
I just realized that it was 6 years ago today that I began this blog with a short little post about my new red car. (Not so new anymore.) No one even realized I had a blog until weeks after that!
 
I never expected more than a few readers, maybe just a few of my closest family and friends, especially those who lived far from me and might like to keep up with what was going on in my life, as I did theirs. It was a pleasant surprise to see the number of visits to my page increase over the next few months. Even people I'd never met had become regular readers.
 
And now, here we are 6 years later. As of this evening, my Blogger dashboard tells me I've had 57,845 visits to my page during those short years! That's an average of 9,640 visits per year and 700 visits per month! (The counter on the front of my blog page was added just 8 months ago, after my original counter stopped working, so it lost all the numbers before that.)

As you can see, I also have two other blogs, which I started much later
and rarely post to anymore. Even so, "HCG and Me" still sees quite a bit of traffic.

In actuality, those numbers probably vary wildly from week to week and month to month, depending upon the topic of each post, how often I've posted over a period of time, and whether I put the link to a new post on Facebook. Regardless of the fluctuations, it makes me happy to know people I care about are sharing in my little blog.
 
Yes, I'm aware that there are amazingly popular blogs out there with thousands of followers and thousands of visits per day, but I'm so pleased that there are more people than I'd ever expected who enjoy reading my posts. I consider each one to be a blessing and a friend!
 
I hope our blogger/bloggee relationship will continue to be fun for many years to come!

No comments: