Saturday, December 6, 2014

Winner!


I finally won!

Last year at the annual faculty Christmas party, thrown for us by Student Council, I sat and watched as teacher after teacher walked away with the many door prizes, but my name was never drawn. It doesn't bother me, but it seems like I always have that kind of luck. You know, the "if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all" kind of luck.

Our table's decorations. They made cute, personalized stockings for each teacher.

This year they had 20 door prizes, giving us about a 50-50 chance of winning something. Again, I sat and waited and waited, resigning myself to walking away empty-handed once more. There were only about 3 prizes left when I heard them call, "Mrs. Carter!" I could scarcely believe my ears!

Maybe my luck has changed! Or maybe not. But I won a free large, 1-topping pizza from Pizza Hut and an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, and that's nothing to sneeze at! [Funny side note: all 8 of the teachers and staff seated at my table walked away with a prize. That was unexpectedly awesome!]

Dylan and Jacob enjoy their free pizza.

It's too bad I don't really like pizza. However, my sons love pizza, so guess where we went for dinner tonight? When I found out that Jacob was alone for the evening, since poor Danielle had to work until 11:00, I invited him to join Dylan and me. There's no reason for Dylan to have a whole pepperoni pizza all to himself!

 As for me, I enjoyed a basket of garlic-Parmesan chicken wings and a side salad. 

After dinner, we drove further into Show Low for a yummy dessert at Dairy Queen. I took the free ice cream offered on the wooden token (and they obligingly chocolate-dipped my chocolate cone at no extra charge) and bought myself an Orange Julius, along with a small Oreo Blizzard for Dylan. Delicious!

Our dessert.

The plain fact is, I am lucky. Every single day. I've been blessed with amazing children who light up my life. And that makes me a winner!

No comments: