Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Computer Holiday

One of my Top 10 nightmares has come true. Thanks to my lack of computer savvy, I somehow made all my computer files go away. No more pictures, no more documents, no more Internet connection. To say I was slightly hysterical when I realized what I had done would be a gross understatement--from the way I was carrying on, I'm sure my sons thought that someone I dearly loved had died.

Thousands of hours of work gone, gone, gone . . . (sob, sniffle). All gone with the foolish touch of one wrong button. So it may be awhile before I'm able to post more blogs. I'll be setting up my computer again and desperately trying to retrieve the data that passed on too soon...it was still so young...such a waste...

I've learned my lesson, and I hope you'll also learn from my mistake. A flash drive can be your best friend. Back up all those files regularly, because you just never know when your computer might step in front of a truck, I mean, when it all may come crashing down.
*
In case you're wondering how I'm doing this post, I'm at my work computer right now--after school hours, of course! I can't access my personal photos and such to blog from here, and now I can't do it from home either! (More sobbing, more sniffling...)

I hope to be back online in the next day or two so I can at least check my emails and do other important Internet stuff. However, I may have to hire an expert to search for my documents on the hard drive, I may have to re-upload and re-edit all my photos, I may have to recreate all my documents, I may have to have no life for the next several months!! Please wish me luck--I'll need it!

4 comments:

LORI said...

UGH. THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT. UGH. GOOD LUCK, AND MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Grandma Honey said...

Well I still have your entire blog on my computer. Couldn't I put it on some sort of disk or flashdrive or whatever you call it, and give you back a copy of your blog??

Jeremy and Cami said...

This is almost what I am going through with my computer right now. Jeremy bought a spyware system and in fact it was a VIRUS. So he payed 50 bucks for something to wreck my whole computer. We are having it fixed right now so hopefully I will be able to post something new real soon.

Raelene said...

Give me a call!