Monday, November 10, 2008

First Snowfall

Our first snowfall of the season drifted down upon us last night. It fell pretty heavily for a little while around 7 pm, then slowed for the rest of the night. We awoke this morning to about an inch on the ground.
*
Not enough to cancel school, but enough to dazzle my eyes!


I know cold weather isn't everyone's cup of hot cocoa, but I do love the snow! Driving to work this morning was like traveling through a landscape sprinkled with powdered sugar.
*
The first snow of the season is especially enchanting. I always feel like I've stepped into a life-size, sparkling Christmas card!



*
*
Even the bare limbs of the leafless trees are beautiful after they've been limned with glistening snow. The world just looks fresher, cleaner somehow.

These pictures were taken by Jacob while we got ready for school this morning. Didn't he do a nice job?

The snow provided my first opportunity to try out the all-wheel-drive on my new little red car. I'm happy to report that the traction was great and the heater and defroster were quite efficient!

Heavenly Father has made a spectacular world for us to enjoy, wherever we live. I'm so grateful for the beauty of the earth!

Yet, with all the beauty surrounding us, it's humbling to remember that WE are His greatest masterpieces. This amazing planet is but one of God's great gifts to us, His children.

I stand amazed at His love for us!

2 comments:

LORI said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, GOOD JOB JACOB!

JDButler Family said...

Love the pictures!