Thursday, July 9, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Branson

What a week! All year I've been planning our whole vacation around our week in Branson, Missouri: July 19 to 26.
*
Then 4 days ago, while reorganizing my office, I came across the reservation confirmation and discovered that our week in Branson is actually July 12 to 19!
*
It's like being shot out of a cannon.

All my plans needed changing and rearranging. Calls had to be made, appointments cancelled. We were now leaving 4 days earlier than originally planned.
*
On Tuesday I caught a nasty stomach bug that knocked me off my feet, then slowed me down the next day, but we pushed on.
*
We leave tomorrow morning. I have a 9:00 chiropractor appointment, but we hope to be on the road by 11am.
As usual, my bed is Vacation Central. Stacks and stacks of everyone's clothes and necessities are piled on. Eventually they are organized into bags and cases, which will be stowed in the car after a final check in the morning.
*
I can't believe our trip is here, so suddenly. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.
*
We're making the trip in 3 days. We won't even get all the way across New Mexico tomorrow, even though we're in eastern Arizona. Our first stop will be in Tucumcari, NM.
*
I actually bought a tiny laptop to take along, so I can blog our vacation as we go rather than trying to recapture it all after we get home.
*
I hope to post something every day or two, depending upon availability of wireless signals, of course.
*
So please feel free to join us on our road trip! Off to bed, now; you'll want to be well rested!

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

How exciting!! I will anxiously be waiting for you to check in and give us updates. Den and I were just talking this week about how nice it is that laptops have gone down in price over recent years. When we first got married in 1999 we had to buy Tyler a laptop for 8th grade and it cost $1800!
Have fun on your trip!!! I'll be thinking about you all.