Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Love You This Much!

Our Diego and Gimli shared a light moment earlier this week, and I thought I'd post their cute moment for everyone to enjoy.
*
It looks like Gimli is inviting Diego down for a warm hug, but more likely he is thinking, "Come on down, pooch--I promise to keep my claws in this time...heh, heh!"
*
Actually, since Diego had been sprayed by a skunk 2 nights before, he's lucky anyone wanted to play with him!
*
*
On a not-so-light note, influenza struck our home this weekend.
*
At 7:00 yesterday morning, after coughing and blowing his nose all night, Dylan came into my room complaining that his chest felt funny. I had him take some echinacea and vitamin C and settle onto the couch to rest.
*
When I took his temperature later, it was 102 degrees, so I knew we had our first case of respiratory flu.
*
According to local authorities, the usual seasonal flu hasn't come to our region yet, so any respiratory ailment that spikes a high temperature early on is probably swine flu. Sorry, I mean H1N1. Our county health department is reporting about 1 new confirmed case daily.
*
Swine flu is highly contagious, so Sarah, Jacob and I are sucking down Airborne and popping Vitamin C, echinacea, and garlic capsules to pump up our immune systems.
Dylan and I are home from church today. He is still resting on the couch, sipping 7-Up while alternately sleeping and watching Disney Channel. He doesn't feel great and he's upset that he had to miss his friend Eric's sleepover birthday party last night, but this morning his temperature came down a bit. Believe it or not, he's unhappy that he may have to miss some school.
*
*
Meanwhile, I'm seeing to the needs of my baby boy and holding my breath when he wants to engulf me in a good, long bear hug. Because, Dylan, I love you this much!

5 comments:

LORI said...

UGH. I SURE HOPE IT RUNS ITS COURSE QUICKLY AND DYLAN IS BACK ON HIS FEET AGAIN! I'LL PRAY THAT THE REST OF YOU (AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY UP THERE) STAY HEALTHY!

Grandma Honey said...

Keep us posted on Dylan please. I hope it's a short flu and not the H1N1 since I heard that is usually a 5 day fever.

As hard as it is, I think sickness gives us the chance to show our love more, which you obviously do all the time.

Scott and Genevieve said...

I hope Dylan gets well soon. Being sick is no fun!

Unknown said...

I hope Dylan feels better soon. Enjoy your afternoon off if you took it that is!

ashley b said...

oh i hope dylan gets better soon. he sure looks miserable in those pictures. and i'm glad you survived all of your appointments. that first one sounded terrible. i hope you're taking the time to take care of yourself too!