Friday, October 16, 2009

3,000

After a failed attempt to begin blogging in February 2008, I finally started this blog successfully with my first post on July 28, 2008.
*
It was about my new car, the first red car I've ever owned. Exciting stuff!
*
I had no idea whether anyone was reading my blog, despite my emailed invitations to maybe 100 people. No one left comments on my first 6 posts, and posts #7 and 8--almost a month later-- only got one comment apiece.

That was okay, I told myself. My primary purpose was to record family history for my children and their children.

Still, my secondary purpose was to get back in touch with family and friends who lived far away, and then stay in touch, so I was a bit disappointed.

Then on Sept. 8, 2008, my sweet niece, 19-month-old Callie Jayne, was accidentally run over in her driveway and I began posting updates on her condition. I was amazed at how many people kept telling me they were following my blog.
That's when I realized I was getting visitors who read the posts but didn't leave comments. And that's when I put a counter on my blog. Just out of curiosity.
*
I was amazed when the counter actually started counting! It wasn't exactly spinning, but the numbers were definitely climbing. I was thrilled!

And last weekend, just a year later, the counter recorded my 3,000th visitor. I am both humbled and astounded. When I began, I never expected to enjoy visits from more than a handful of friends and family members.
*
I want to say THANKS to you who care enough to look in on my family from time to time. You are all wonderful and oh-so-very welcome here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I check all of the time to see if you updated. I will admit many times I do not leave notes. I enjoy this blog, it is always a great read!

Grandma Honey said...

I agree with Nicole!