Thursday, October 1, 2009

Errand Girl

This has been a hectic week! Not only has it been Homecoming Week at school, with fun out-of-class events and students dressing in wacky attire everyday (today was Circus Day), but my after-school hours have also been filled with appointments and errands.
*
Today it was a trip to the Motor Vehicle Division, the fashionable building at left.
*
I was notified by mail that my driver license photo was more than 12 years old and must be updated by October 1st.
*
Yes, that photo at right is the picture I've been hating for more than 13 years now. I've cringed every time someone has asked, "May I see your license?"
*
And so today I have a shiny new license with a new photo that I feel moderately pleased to call my own. I can't believe I'll be 65 when this one expires.
*
My daughter Sarah's license expires on her 65th birthday in 2054. I'll be 100 by then. Jacob's expires in 2056. (*sigh*)
*
Yesterday, Sarah and I squeezed in a visit to the doctor's office. She needed an antibiotic for an infected sore.
*
Check out the cigar in the skeleton's mouth. A subliminal message...?
*
In August I posted photos of Dr. Paxman's red-white-and-blue examination room and I mentioned another exam room my kids' love, the galaxy room. It so happens that was the room they put us in yesterday, so I took advantage of the photo op!

*
*
Here we have one wall covered with a life-size moonscape. The little stars, moons, and galaxies strewn across the upper wall, the ceiling, and other areas all glow in the dark.





*
*
In the other post, I described the picture frame in which a 3-D alien appears. Well, here it is. I'm pretty sure it's a Ferengi from the world of Star Trek. Personally, I'd love to have that picture hanging in my house. I love that sci-fi!
*
*

*
*
In the shot below, I inadvertently took a picture of myself taking the picture! Fun!
*
*
*
*
Unfortunately, this weekend and next week look to be just as busy as this week has been.
*
There's a silver lining, though: next weekend is Fall Break. That means a 4-day weekend! How I look forward to it! Jacob has already made plans for us all. If his plans are realized, watch for a post all about it.
*
I actually feel very blessed to be so busy. Just a few weeks ago my health issues prevented me from doing all but the most basic chores. It's a great gift to be able to tackle life's tasks again.
*
To quote Tevye: "La chaim! To life!"

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I wonder why Arizona allows such long exp dates on their licenses. Brock got an AZ license when he was on his mission and it had like 37 years to go on it. We thought it was just a misprint, but after reading your post today, maybe that is just the way they do things there.
I think you look younger now in your current license than you did in the one 13 years ago.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you up and around and feeling better! I love that Dr.'s room I bet that it really helps the children when they come in! I think your blog sold me on my (someday) children's Dr.'s Office.