Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cake, Eagles, and Haircuts

*
We attended an Eagle Court of Honor on Sunday evening. While there, I was so taken with this cake that I just had to take a picture of it!
*
It was made by my friend Charla, who has a gift for this sort of thing, as you can clearly see.
*
*
*
*
*
The new Eagle Scout is Monte, the oldest son of my friends Wyndie and Eugene.
*
That's them in the photo, along with one of Monte's former Boy Scout leaders, Robert, on the left.


*
Of course, Sarah and I had to avoid the cake, the chocolate chip cookies, the snicker-doodles, the rolls, the chips...
*
But Sarah found something even better: Baby Clarissa! Sarah would rather hold a baby than eat any time.
*
*
*
Jacob and Dylan certainly enjoyed the good food at the Court of Honor. Charla's cake looks totally scrumptious!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I lost track of how many chocolate chip cookies Dylan ate. They are his absolute favorite.
*
I'd been noticing for weeks that both my sons were becoming pretty shaggy, so the very next day (yesterday) they were sent off for haircuts.
*
*
*
Ahhh, my sons look like boys again! I think they look so handsome in a shorter style.
*
Thank you, Barbara (Baby Clarissa's mom), for giving me my boys back!
*
Sarah had her hair done at the same time. Doris, a sweet gal from church and a professional hairdresser, wanted to do Sarah's hair as a birthday gift.
*
And here she is! Doris promised she would make Sarah love her curly hair, and by golly, Sarah does love it!
*
It just goes to show:
*
Life--like cake and cookies--is sweet!

1 comment:

Scott and Genevieve said...

Sounds like a fun night. I love the hair cuts!