Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jeff's Big Day

In honor of my little brother Jeff's 48th birthday today, I searched for all the birthday pictures from his childhood to share in this post. I was shocked when I found only these two.
*
Our mom was very good about celebrating every birthday with a special cake and ice cream, and singing Happy Birthday, even if it was only our immediate family present. She didn't always take pictures, but I still expected more.
*
I think perhaps she was still recovering from 5 kids' worth of Halloween whenever we celebrated Jeff's birthday the next day!

*
This was Jeff's 7th birthday in November 1968. From left to right we have our brother Darryl (age 5), brother LeRoy (age 9), the birthday boy Jeff, cousins Sandra, Nancy, and Sherry, and sister Karla (age 8).
*
*
*
This isn't exactly from his childhood, but it's from our last birthday celebration for Jeff before he got married in June 1983.
*
It was Jeff's 21st birthday, November 1, 1982. He had returned from his mission to Winnipeg, Canada, just a few months earlier, in August.
*
Here is the whole family at the party, although it looks like the camera was high on LSD at the time! L-R: Darryl (age 19), Mom (age 45), Jeff, Dad (age 48), our first nephew Jeremy (7 months old), Karla (age 22), and her husband Brian (age 25).
*
We were all so much younger then!
And finally, The Boys, together again 3 weeks later. LeRoy was married and had moved back to Southern California, but Jeff, Darryl, and I went to visit them for a few days. (Sadly, I was 28 and still single...)
*
21 Nov 1982: Darryl (age 19), Jeff (age 21), and LeRoy (age 23). Good times!
*
Happy birthday to you, Jeff!

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

Your Mom was more like me...not taking as many pictures of every occasion...although I've changed as a grandma. I wish I had been as organized as you have been...even taking pictures of nearly every birthday cake!