Friday, June 30, 2017

Summer Concert

White Mountain Symphony Orchestra's Summer Concert.
Saturday, June 10, 2017

June has been such a crazy-busy month, and now, suddenly, the final day of June is here. Where did the month go? I can't believe it will be the first of July tomorrow, already! And with Dylan's birthday tomorrow and Independence Day activities three days later, July is already shaping up to be another full month!

In true OCD fashion, I keep looking back over the past few weeks and see only the things I have not accomplished. I stress myself out, thinking, "The first four weeks of my summer break are almost over! I only have four weeks left to get everything done!" And then I remember: I don't go back to school in August. I don't have to go back to school ever. I have the rest of my life to do what I want to do!

Sarah performing on her violin. We actually got seats where we could see her!

That includes my blogging, and having time to get caught up when I fall behind. For instance, we attended Sarah's summer concert three weeks ago, but with everything else that's been going on, I never did get it blogged. So here it is now, with photos in which you can actually see Sarah! We rarely get seats where she is not mostly hidden by a violinist sitting in front of her.

A guest musician performs on the marimba along with the strings.

As always, it was a great concert. They performed music from both Star Trek and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which I love. They also had a very talented young man, a contest winner, who performed on marimba with just the string section of the orchestra. He was quite impressive, so I included a short clip below. You can see Sarah on violin behind him, directly to his right (our left).



No comments: