Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Overnight Guests

We had 2 special little guests spend the night with us last night. My brother Jeff had to get back on the road headed to Colorado, and his wife Dana had to travel to Mesa, so my daughter the nanny brought her 2 young charges to stay the night. We so enjoyed having 4-year-old Brinley and 2-year-old Callie Jayne here with us.


People ask me often how Callie is doing. The video clip above shows how full of life she is. Callie is a bundle of nonstop energy. It's amazing to remember where she was just 6 months ago. In this clip, Jacob gives Callie a dog cookie to feed Diego, but it doesn't go very smoothly. (Excuse the view of my dirty house--Spring Break is next week, and I've given up on hounding my kids to keep up with their chores. They'll make it up next week with spring cleaning!)

This is beautiful Brinley sitting on the sofa-bed and watching The Little Mermaid 2. That's the movie she chooses to watch every time she comes over.

Brinley was sad when she first came because she wanted her sisters Haley and Hayden to join us, but they had to stay home for school today. Once the movie went into the DVD player, however, she quickly forgot how much she missed her sisters!

Sarah and both girls slept on the sofa-bed together, but only after they watched the movie all the way through once and then started it up a second time. It was well after 11pm when they all finally crashed!

Here's our perky Callie with a mouthful of butterscotch pudding at bedtime. She likes to steal the show!

Last night Jacob found some missing pencils in his room and exclaimed, "Yay, I found my pencils." From the kitchen, Callie yelled "Ya-a-a-a-y!" and started clapping for him. She just melts our hearts with her adorable enthusiasm.

Callie followed our dog Diego around all night and called him MooMoo (Moonbeam is the name of her family's cat). Diego is fascinated by Callie, but he sometimes isn't sure what to make of her.

When I woke up at 6am, I found our 3 girls all wrapped up and cozily asleep. I just had to snap a picture! They slept until nearly 8am, waking just before I left for work.

The girls spent the day here with Sarah and went back home when Sarah left for her college class this evening. We already miss them.

Thanks for spending a day with us, Brin and Cal!

4 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

What a treat to watch that video of little miracle Callie. I couldn't help to think back on last August when that horrible accident happened..and then to see her now happy and running around...wow!!

Scott and Genevieve said...

How sweet!

LORI said...

TRULY AMAZING HOW FAR THIS GIRL HAS COME!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?