Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

And that means Spring Break is here! After months of uncertainty and stress over economic downturns and how our jobs will be affected, we all need this break more than ever.
*
No big plans for us. We started spring cleaning today and tackled projects like small repairs. I love going back to work with a freshly organized and clean house. It never quite lasts the 8 weeks until school is out for summer, but we enjoy it for a few weeks.
*
The weather has been breezy but otherwise beautiful. Of course, here in the mountains that can change. Last year we even got snow on Sarah's graduation day!
Last week was slow both in passing time and in weight loss. It seemed like it took forever for Spring Break to arrive, and it seemed like the numbers on the scale would hardly budge!
*
Of course, slow can be good! This poor guy probably lost hundreds of pounds, of course, but I'd prefer to avoid the sagging flaps of too rapid loss!
Yet it's frustrating. I never ate anything unhealthy all week. Jacob made biscuits and gravy this morning (from scratch) and I left them alone.
*
But I made him bake me a sugar-free cheesecake in return for taunting me! As you can see from the picture, we ate half of it last night before bedtime. The other half will be gone tonight.
*
The secret to the best tasting cheesecake? Add a teaspoon of orange extract to the batter!! Jacob did that by accident one time, thinking he'd grabbed the vanilla, and we loved it!
*
I hope Spring Break will be a plus. I'll be more physically active, with housecleaning and all. I don't get hungry much when I'm busy with projects. I'll get more sleep and have less stress. Hopefully that's a recipe for success!
*
I only lost o.6 lb. this week, but at least it's a loss and not a gain. It brings my total to 24.7 lbs. in 11 weeks. By next weekend I hope to hit and pass the 25 lb mark.
*
Wish me success!

4 comments:

LORI said...

I'LL HAVE TO TRY THAT ORANGE EXTRACT THING! ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE IN WHAT--I'VE NEVER MADE A CHEESECAKE IN MY LIFE! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SPRING BREAK ENDEAVORS--IT WAS BACK TO SCHOOL FOR US TODAY (SNIFF SNIFF!)

Vodka Mom said...

I'm trying to lose 25 pounds. I'm starting TODAY. Good luck to you.

(You'd think I'd be skinny from chasing kindergartners all day. jeesh.)

Scott and Genevieve said...

Enjoy your Spring Break. They never seem to last long enough.

ashley b said...

so i have been a horrid blogger lately. i am finally catching up with your posts! i love the one you did for uncle leroy's birthday. i want to go to your house and look through all those old pictures one day. that is one of my weird obsessions. and that was sweet of you guys to watch brin and cal gal. i am sure that they had a blast with you all! love you guys!