Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are You Ready for Christmas?

It seems like people start asking that question right after Thanksgiving. I'm usually lucky to be ready by Christmas Eve!
*
I'm almost ready now, though. Almost.
*
We had another snow storm today, so last night I made an extended shopping trip to buy the last gifts and stocking stuffers on my list. It was a little after midnight when I returned home, but at least the crowds had dwindled!
*
I still had to venture out for a couple of forgotten items early in the storm today, but it wasn't bad.
All the gifts are now wrapped and placed under the tree.
*
I hope to have the final Christmas cards in the mail tomorrow. I send nearly 80 cards each year, so it's quite a production, plus I got a late start this year.
*
It helps to be able to print out labels, and Sarah folds newsletters and photo pages for me.
Uh-oh. As I set out these items for a photo of how all the items for Christmas dinner were purchased and ready for Christmas Day, I suddenly realized we have no potatoes for the mashed potatoes.
*
Diet-wise, that might not be a bad thing. However, there would be much weeping and wailing among my children, because carb-laden mashed potatoes are a rarity in our carb-conscious home. Pretty much holidays only.
*
Looks like we'll be making one more trip in the snow tomorrow.
*
Anyway, no cooking from scratch this year. All ready-made and easy for a relaxing Christmas Day!
**
Darryl and Tamera: if you're reading this, your gifts were mailed today. You should receive the package a day or two after Christmas. We haven't forgotten you!
*
And to our family and friends: "Are YOU ready for Christmas?"

2 comments:

LORI said...

GETTING THERE, GETTING THERE! WE IN THE VALLEY ARE SPOILED BY THE NON-EXISTENCE OF BLINDING SNOW STORMS TO KEEP US FROM OUR SHOPPING SPREES, BUT ALAS, I'M STILL NOT FINISHED! I HAVE ONE MORE TREK OUT, FINGERS CROSSED, AND THEN BAKING, WRAPPING, CAROLING, AND LOUNGING!

Grandma Honey said...

We are about ready too. I don't understand, as hard as I try, that we can't get ready the first of the month but it's never happened in this house.
I clicked on the picture of your tree and saw the gifts so orderly placed. So typical Mary style. :)

Merry Christmas!!