Wednesday, December 9, 2009

O Christmas Tree

On Saturday we worked hard most of the day to deep-clean the living room and kitchen. That's my requirement before we go Christmas tree shopping.
*
We got another small tree this year, our second year in a row to do so. I think they look very nice when placed upon a small table.
*
This season's tree is very fat!
*
It was late by the time we chose our tree, brought it home, and set it up, so we didn't get to decorate it until after church on Sunday.
*
*
*
*
Sarah, Jacob, and Dylan chose their favorite ornaments and placed them on the tree.
*
My annual tradition is to buy each of my children a dated Hallmark ornament, as well as one for myself. When you add in those received as gifts and otherwise collected during 21 years as a family, that's a lot of ornaments!
*
Too many for a cute little pint-sized tree.
Thus we had to be selective. Maybe too selective? There seem to be a few bare places on the tree.
*
Nonetheless, the kids pronounced themselves pleased with how the tree looks, and so it shall remain.
*
*
*
*
Christmas music fills the air, the wreath is hung, the advent calendar is displayed, the nativity and other holiday figures are arranged, and the tree sparkles and gleams.
*
It must be the Christmas season!
*
Here are a few of my kids' chosen memories, a mix of homemade and Hallmark:

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I really like the smaller trees best. If we ever go back to real trees that's the way I want to go. What memories having those same special ornaments to put up year after year. And it's a must to have Christmas music on while decorating. We do that too.

LORI said...

I LOVE YOUR TREE, VERY NICELY DONE! SINCE WE HAVE FAKE-O'S, WE ALWAYS HAVE THE BIG ONES, AND I'VE ACTUALLY ADDED A FEW TREES OVER THE YEARS--NOT HUGE ONES, BUT LITTLE ONES PLACED STRATEGICALLY IN DIFFERENT ROOMS. GLAD TO HEAR THE STORM WATCH IS OVER FOR NOW, I'M SURE ANOTHER ONE IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, THOUGH! WE HAD RIDICULOUS WINDS HERE AS WELL--OUR NEIGHBOR'S BIG TREE WAS UPROOTED AND BLOWN ACROSS THE YARD! GLAD IT DIDN'T LAND ON OUR HOUSE OR CARS! STAY WARM!