Friday, December 13, 2013

Party On, Teachers


Today our student council put on a very nice How the Grinch Stole Christmas-themed luncheon and Christmas party for us teachers.


As we entered, we were instructed to search each table to find the gift with our name on it, and that would be our place to sit. The gifts were pencils and a sticky-note pad in personalized mason jars.


I was joined by my aide, Joe, and my former aide, Kim (who is also our principal's wife). Kim now runs BRO, our online school.

Me and Joe during the luncheon.
Or, as we English teachers like to say, Joe and I...


The teachers lined up to enjoy an Italian lunch, which included lasagna, penne alfredo, and Caesar salad. Very yummy!


A live band made up of students provided music while we ate.


After lunch there was an ugly sweater contest. I didn't really think any of them were actually ugly.


The winners of the contest were Coach Bob London and his wife Denise. They won a free weekend at a resort! I think next year I'll buy myself a truly ugly sweater, just for this contest!
 
The party also included a white elephant exchange and a raffle. My ticket number was 087. Both 085 and 089 were winners (Kim was 089). Just my luck!
 
It was a great way to spend a Friday afternoon!

No comments: