Saturday, December 7, 2013

Five Golden Rings

Okay, I totally failed as a blogger tonight! I forgot to take my camera with me to the Rainbow Lake Ward's church Christmas party. I intended to take pictures throughout the night and blog the event, but nooo. I had to leave my camera on the kitchen table.
 
So let me just say that the homemade soups and chili and rolls were delicious. There was rhubarb-strawberry jelly for the rolls that was to-die-for, and tons of frosted sugar cookies on every table. Santa put in an appearance at the end of the evening for the little tykes.
 
Dinner was followed by an audience-participation version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas," and we were enlisted to be the Five Golden Rings. (Sounds like a good name for a rock group.)
 
That's when I remembered that I have a cell phone which takes pictures. Not great, clear pictures, you'll notice, but at least I have one memory of the night.
 
 
The two people in the center of this photo are my step-son Ryan and his fiance Shera. Ryan looks amazingly like a young version of his dad. Flanking them are my long-time friends Wyndie and her husband Eugene. And, of course, I was the 5th golden ring.
 
Good food, good friends, good conversations, good fun, and a good reason for the season, the birth of our Savior. That's what it's all about!

No comments: