Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thankful Heart

After our Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon, we held an impromptu photo shoot to remember this day of thankfulness together.
 
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
 
28 Nov 2013: Our family on Thanksgiving Day

My life is so rich in blessings. I am deeply grateful for all I receive at the hands of a loving Heavenly Father. I am more thankful than I can express for our Savior Jesus Christ, who "marked the path and led the way" to everlasting happiness by His example.
 
The past 5 months have been the most difficult and painful of my entire life. Yet the Lord has sent His Spirit everyday to lift and carry me through the worst times, when the hurt was so deep it took my breath away and I wondered how I could go on. He has shown me that real happiness comes from a heart filled with love and forgiveness and gratitude, and is not dependent upon the actions of those around us. I am grateful for the blessings of His restored gospel!

Mary with her daughter Sarah

I am so happy to have three great children who are sincerely good people and bless my life in so many ways. Being a mother is the greatest privilege of my life.
 
I'm also grateful to have an amazing extended family, from my siblings and their spouses to my nieces and nephews and great-nieces and -nephews. What an amazing blessing that family relationships are eternal. And how uninteresting this world would be without the whimsies of family!

Brothers Jacob and Dylan

I am thankful for the blessing of friendships. My beautiful friends are the family members I chose when I came to this world. They have so often been the angels God sent to help me through these difficult days. What a great blessing their love and support have been to me.

Mary's son-in-law Chris and daughter Sarah

How grateful I am to be surrounded by the nurturing arms of a loving God and the loving support of family and friends who care about me. When facing the challenges of this world, those are the only blessings that truly count and will be with us into the eternities. Thank you, Lord, for filling my life with so much that is good!

Sarah with our dear friend Gwen, who joined us for Thanksgiving today.

Our photo shoot wasn't lacking the usual shenanigans, especially by family members of the male persuasion. Here are a few of our outtakes:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are writing again! Hang in there God doesn't close doors without opening windows! :)