Monday, May 16, 2016

My Turn

 
The view from the Mogollon Rim Trail about a mile from our house.
May 12, 2016

Although my humble photos aren't quite as magnificent as my son's, I still tote my camera everywhere I go and snap off shots of anything that catches my eye. It's especially hard to resist capturing images of our beautiful world when you live in an area as breathtaking as our mountain. It's too bad that my little camera can't quite convey how amazing these views are in real life, but that doesn't stop me from trying!


Our town happens to sit on the southwestern edge of the enormous Colorado Plateau, which stretches across parts of the Four-Corners states, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona. Our little stretch of it is known as the Mogollon Rim (pronounced "Muggy-own" Rim). A few days ago, Dylan, Jake, and I hiked the nearby Mogollon Rim Trail for a little photo-shoot. Between the people-pictures that were the purpose of our picture session, I was distracted by the gorgeous views and just had to sneak in some nature shots, as well. 



As you can see by some of these pictures, I am particularly entranced by twisted, gnarled trees and trees that have been broken and blasted by lightning and other phenomena. The unusual is often so much more interesting than the ordinary! I hope you enjoy these humble offerings!






No comments: