Friday, May 13, 2016

Zoology, by Dylan

Giraffes at the Phoenix Zoo on February 19, 2016.

A few months ago, when Jacob and Danielle were in Arizona to attend my sister's wedding, they decided to spend a day at the Phoenix Zoo with Dylan and Jake. It came as quite a shock to me when Dylan pointed out that he'd never been to a zoo before. I started to disagree with him, but then I realized that both of our zoo visits (including the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago) had occurred when Sarah and Jacob were small, before Dylan was born.

This one is a favorite of mine.

Not that Dylan is deprived at all. In 2012, while Jacob was serving his mission and Sarah was a married lady, Dylan and I drove across the country to New York (with my second husband and his mother, but let's not talk about that), and Dylan saw more of the United States than his siblings had ever dreamed of seeing.


Naturally, Dylan took along his camera and caught some pictures of the wildlife that I think are pretty spectacular. I meant to share them back in February, but then, you know...life happened. Anyway, here they are now. I can never get the zoo animals to pose this nicely for my camera...


By the way, I'd like to point out that the Phoenix Zoo, which opened in 1962, is the largest privately-owned, non-profit zoo in the United States. And you definitely don't want to visit in the summer, since the animals will all be inside where it's cool, in order to avoid the blistering Valley heat!


Majestic.

Colorful plumage.

No comments: