Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm a Loser!

Yes, I'm a loser and I love it! For the past 6 days I have gotten back to eating right and staying on track. I feel better than I have in many months, as if my head has emerged from a hazy, carbohydrate-induced cloud. It's easier to wake up and get right out of bed in the morning. After lunch I'm alert instead of nodding off at my desk. The continual indigestion from all those holiday sweets is totally gone. Even my overall mood has improved!
I haven't focused on exercise yet, and I probably won't for at least a few weeks. Although I did have an opportunity to walk clear across campus and back every day this week, probably close to a quarter-mile trek each time. Walking with me yesterday, my friend Nicole said, "You're walking faster than usual!"
My sister-in-law Lori gave me this great little daily calendar book for Christmas. I'm using it to keep track of my successes. I note any temptations I pass by, and I'll note any temptations I give in to. I hope the idea of writing and reporting will keep me strong!
*
I wasn't too tempted this week. At our department chair meeting I actually reached out for a couple of Hershey's Kisses in a bowl on the principal's desk, but I remembered just in time that's a no-no! A student brought in hand-dipped, fresh chocolate-covered cherries and offered me some, but I thanked her and said no. I do expect next week to be tougher.
So how did I do? I lost 6.5 lbs during the past 6 days. Added to the 4.5 I lost when I was sick the previous week, that's 11 lbs gone!!
*
No one else will notice the loss until I lose about 30 lbs--I know this from experience. But I can see the small differences, especially in how I feel.
*
The weight loss will begin to slow now, but I'll try to remember how much better I feel and continue to hang in there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray you did it! You are an inspiration to all of us who need to lose or just maintain!

LORI said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE USING YOUR CHRISTMAS JOURNAL! AND THANKS FOR POSTING ALL THE OTHER PICS, TOO! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS, I'LL BE ROOTING FOR YOU!

ashley b said...

Yay! You are going strong! I think I have finally started to shed the poundage. I've been working on it since Christmas it just wouldn't budge and then all of a sudden in one week I lost 6 lbs. Finally a glimmer of hope! I will definitely be checking in on your progress to help push me along!