Thursday, January 29, 2009

Middle School Musical

This morning I attended a musical performance by Dylan's 5th grade class. It was called "We Haz Jazz." Every year I look forward to watching Dylan and his classmates singing and dancing their way into our hearts. They are always so adorable!
*
Dylan was a little disappointed that he didn't get a speaking part this year, but as you can see in the video below, he still managed to steal the show!
*
Keep your eye on Dylan: he's in the purple and gold football jersey on the very top left of the screen. It happens suddenly, so don't blink!



I didn't know Dylan could move so fast! He could hardly stop laughing after that to sing and remember his dance moves. I've never seen his face turn so red with embarrassment, but he kept his sense of humor. When I asked if he minded my posting this video on my blog, he answered, "That's okay, Mom, I like to make people laugh!"

When the performance ended and the students were allowed to visit with their parents for a few minutes, half his class wanted to watch the action on my camera since they missed it the first time. They got a big kick out of Dylan's disappearing act!

It wasn't exactly High School Musical, but it was certainly a performance I'll never forget! No mom could be prouder!

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

That was pretty cute. Love the way Dylan just bounces back up there and goes right into the hand movements and all. I like that song too. It gave me a good feeling.

LORI said...

I JUST HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE PUT BANANA PEELS ON THE RISERS! VERY FUNNY, PERHAPS "AFV" WORTHY!