Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Services

Dylan met another rite of passage today as our ward's newest deacon. He passed the sacrament to the congregation for his very first time. He did a great job and looked so handsome in his white shirt and tie. (Dylan isn't much for dressing up.) I was a proud Mom!
*
Another duty of the deacons is collecting fast offerings (which support the Church's welfare system) on the first Sunday of each month, and Dylan has already participated in that responsibility twice. However, our very long vacation last month prevented his passing the sacrament until today.
*
Good job, Dylan!
*
*
As first assistant to the bishop, Jacob was the leader of the priests' quorum for a year, but he was released just before our trip. Now his main focus is preparing to serve a mission in about a year, after he turns 19. Tonight he'll start attending the missionary prep class.
*
Meanwhile, Jacob is still a priest and he assisted in blessing the sacrament this morning. I loved seeing my boys performing these ordinances together.
*
Even more sacred was being present to watch as Jacob ordained his little brother to the office of deacon back on July 5th. A moment I'll never forget.
Sarah continues to faithfully fulfill her calling as the Sunbeam teacher in Primary. She has been working with her sweet 4-year-olds for over a year now and still loves it. Looks like I caught them at snack time this morning!
*
As for me, I've been the Primary secretary for 18 months now. It certainly keeps me busy every Sunday morning!
*
It is so rewarding to watch my children grow in faith. I hope they will always find joy in service!

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

I can tell you are so proud of your children and you have every reason to be. I remember when you were even younger than Sarah and teaching the Sunbeams!!