Thursday, May 14, 2009

Six Days

It's been a typically hectic week as we approach the end of the school year. Activities abound and a good night's sleep is scarce.
*
Only six days of school left. That thought sustains me from day to day. Just six more days to force myself out of bed and drag myself to work.
*
Not that the activities are a bad thing. On Tuesday we enjoyed Dylan's final band concert. That same day Jacob traveled to Phoenix for a Diamondbacks game, where his FEA Club was recognized by United Blood Services for this year's successful blood drives.
*

Sarah is finishing up finals and research papers in her college classes this week, so she is often preoccupied or busy at the computer.
*
Three or four times a week we have Little League games and practices, which carve a 3-hour chunk out of the day.
*
Even at the ball fields I'm aware of the blessings around me. How many of us are surrounded by such magnificent scenery while watching their child practice batting? I got these shots yesterday while I read, dozed, and waited for Dylan.

Six days.

What a glorious summer I have planned! What joy to get 8 hours of sleep each night! What long lists of projects I have prepared for my children and myself!

How quickly the summer will pass!

For now, though, I'll do my best to relax and enjoy just six days more.

*

I hope you'll enjoy this little snippet of Dylan's concert. He's playing with the junior high and high school bands for this piece. It was Dylan's favorite song--for the past month he's asked me over and over to sing the old "Doo-wah Ditty Ditty" song for him. You'll notice he stops playing at one point because the 5th and 6th graders hadn't learned that part of the music!

2 comments:

LORI said...

COOL CONCERT! KATIE HAD HER YEAR-END CONCERT A WEEK OR SO AGO. HARD TO BELIEVE THE YEAR'S WINDING DOWN--CAN'T WAIT TO RELAX WITH THE KIDS ON A LESS STRUCTURED (WHO AM I KIDDING--NO STRUCTURED) SCHEDULE! HANG IN THERE!

Scott and Genevieve said...

Yay for the end of the school year! Scott just finished up this semester on Wednesday. I am excited to get a bunch of projects done around our house, now that he will have time to help me! Good job on your concert Dylan!