Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hazel Jane

I had a wonderful surprise in my email today! My friend Jill found this old photograph recently and sent it to me. I am so grateful! It was taken in 1967 and one of the ladies in it is my mom, Hazel Jane Butler!
*
Isn't it exciting to have the unexpected opportunity to see an old photo of a loved one that you've never seen before? I wanted to share this as quickly as possible with other members of my family and good friends, so here it is. Hopefully those who'd like a copy can get it from my blog.
Mom is second from the right, in the pale yellow dress. I do vaguely remember that dress. She looks so young and pretty. She would have been 29 or 30 there, depending upon whether it was taken before or after her birthday, Sept. 29th.
*
I'm very curious about the setting. It was obviously a church gathering, since these ladies were all from church. From left to right they are: Jill's mom Gaynor Rozier; our friend Carol's mom Artell Wardell; Lois Olsen Booth; my mom Jane Butler; and Maxine Davies. Jill points out that Lois and Maxine are the only two attendees still living.
*
It looks like the scene outside the window is the Fresno Airport, which seems like an odd location for a ladies' church luncheon. Maybe someday I'll get more information.
*
Speaking of my mom, my niece Ashley has a new online shop that I hope you'll all have a peek at. It's called Hazel.Jayne after my mother Hazel Jane and my niece, Ashley's sister Callie Jayne (who was named for my mom). Mom would be so pleased and proud!
*
Check it out!
*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! I love going thorough my Grandmother's old pictures.

ashley b said...

that is so cool that you got that picture. she does look so young...she actually looks a lot like genevieve to me. i love looking at older pictures. and i would LOVE to look through some of your vintage boxes. :) that kind of thing makes me giddy! love you!

LORI said...

GREAT PICTURES, MARY! I AM KEEPING A COPY OF ALL OF THEM ON MY COMPUTER! GOTTA LOVE TECHNOLOGY!

Grandma Honey said...

That's just what I was thinking...why would we be having lunch at the airport with the church ladies? I remember also that I was there, but again not sure why.