Monday, June 1, 2009

The Lost Months

*
*
*
*
*
I need to give this method of weighing myself a try!
*
I haven't done a health and diet post for 2 months. That was my first mistake. If you have a tool that works and you don't use it, then that tool isn't much use to you.
*
So I'm back to blogging my dietary efforts on a weekly basis. The first day of June seemed a fitting date to begin anew. I'll just write off April and May as "the lost months."
To bring everyone back up to speed, my last report was in my March 28th post. At that time I was thrilled to have lost 25.7 lbs.
*
The following week I struggled a little. I never cheated, but I still regained 3.4 lbs. Big deal, right? I knew it was hormonal, but I decided to skip posting my progress for a week, just until the weight came back off. Ha!
I'd promised my kids we'd go to dinner when I got my income tax returns. We hadn't eaten out since Sarah's birthday in October! I figured it wouldn't do any harm to have one night out, then get back to eating right the next day. Mistake number two!
*
On April 6th we went to our favorite Chinese buffet. China Wok is ranked among the top 100 Chinese buffets in the USA.
We enjoyed our meal and I didn't stuff myself. I had a great fortune in my fortune cookie, which unfortunately did not pan out.
*
Then we went home and ate a delicious pumpkin roll that had been in the freezer since Christmas, a gift from our friends the Blakes.
*
The next morning I stepped on the scale, expecting to be up another 2 lbs. Instead, I was horrified to find I'd gained 4.2 lbs more!

Off and on for the rest of April and most of May I worked on getting those 7.6 lbs back off. I tried, but during the last few weeks of school there were so many parties and potlucks and gifts of food. Then there was our trip to Mesa, eating on the road.

I was good most of the time, but sometimes I would get so disgusted at regaining that weight that I'd give in to temptation. Ultimately I regained 11 lbs.

After we got through graduation, the last day of school, and that potato salad on Memorial Day, I rededicated myself on May 27th.

I've already re-lost 5.4 lbs in the past 5 days, for a total 20.1 lb loss. Just 5 lbs away from a total 25 lbs loss again.

I'm proud to announce that this time Sarah is joining me on this venture. She's lost 4 lbs so far.

I guess the good news is that, despite the ups and downs, I did successfully maintain 15 lbs of my total loss. I am proud of that, and I'm not giving up!
*
So, gain or lose, I am back to blogging my journey of health, along with my beautiful daughter.
*
Please cheer us along as we run this challenging marathon of health!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I have been looking forward to this post for some time.