Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Google Me

Have you ever googled yourself? I've done it a few times, but there are hundreds if not thousands of people with my name, so I gave up sorting through all those hits.
*
Once I found an article and picture about Dylan and me in the dome at Springerville-Eagar, from when we evacuated there during the Rodeo-Chediski forest fire. A guy from Associated Press had interviewed us, but we never heard anything more. Thanks to Google, I found that we actually did make it into some media somewhere.
*
Last night I decided to google my blog. Melethwen is an unusual name, so it only generated 5 pages of hits. Several were links to this blog, but 2 surprised me.

First, I found Melethwen's Memories listed on a site called Mormon Blogosphere, under "personal blogs," with a link to my blog. That was kind of surprising because I didn't put it there. Is there someone who scours the Internet looking for blogs by LDS authors? I'm curious, but I have no problem with being listed there.
*
The second listing I found is the one that I find to be rather queer. Someone took one of my posts from last week and pasted it onto another site. I've listed the url below, if you want to check it out.
*
It seems to be a legitimate site, though I searched the whole thing and was unable to figure out the purpose of "creative memories.edublogs." The odd thing is that this person took my post and then replaced more than half the words with synonyms or words with vaguely related meanings, rendering it pretty much incomprehensible.
*
For instance, I wrote: "I told them I was going to take pictures so, when their room is a mess again, I can close the door, tape the pictures to it, and pretend the room still looks this nice!"
*
The mystery blogger changed it to: "I told them I was effective to parody pictures so, when their elbow-room is a flirt again, I can leaning the door, record the pictures to it, and make out the elbow-room until now looks this genial!"
*
Huh?
*
So, if anyone out there has a clue what this website is all about, or what the purpose of this blogger's exercise might be, please clue me in! I actually have a strong suspicion regarding who the mystery blogger is, but I can't guess his purpose.
*
Just curious!

http://creativememories.edublogs.org/2009/06/07/melethwens-memories-my-aching-back/

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Very strange. I don't get why that guy would change so many words on your blog and then show it on his blog! I mean what's the point when it is no longer what you wrote? Is this how he entertains himself? It would be interesting if you left a comment asking him why, what he would say in response. He'd probably delete you.

Unknown said...

That was weird. It reminded me of the Mad Libs my sister and I used to do. Perhaps it is something similar to that. Of course you know my nature, does this guy know you?

Weird....

LORI said...

I WONDER IF IT'S ONE OF THOSE "BLOG FOR MONEY" THINGS I'VE HEARD ABOUT...ALTHOUGH I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY ANYONE WOULD PAY FOR GIBBERISH??! I'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE MYSELF!