Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wait, There's More!

My lovely Mothers Day morning made me very happy, but my children decided they weren't done yet.
*
On Monday Sarah and Jacob disappeared after school and returned with several sweet gifts, bought with their weekend earnings.
*
I love my new sparkly earrings (they know I love sparklies), my pink heart ring, and the new addition to my Willow Tree figurines. This one is called "Truly Golden." That's an actual gold chain the girl is dangling. Cute!
*
They also decided we needed to celebrate with dessert on both Sunday and Monday nights, so we tried a new recipe.
This recipe was emailed to me. I converted mine to low-carb and it was still tasty!
*
Chocolate Cake in a Mug
(low-carb version)
*
2 Tbsp soy flour
4 Tbsp granulated Splenda
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
3 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp canola or olive oil
1/2 sugar-free chocolate candy bar,
***grated or melted
Splash of vanilla
My sugar-free chocolate bar of choice is Ross dark chocolate bars (see link on bar at left).
*
For the regular version, replace:
*
Soy flour & cream cheese with
***4 Tbsp white flour
Splenda with 4 Tbsp sugar
Cream with 3 Tbsp milk
Sugar-free candy bar with 3 Tbsp
***of chocolate chips
*
Mix all the ingredients in a large, microwave-safe mug until fairly smooth and microwave on high for 3 minutes. That's all there is to it!
When I turned the mug upside-down on a plate, the cake came out easily. We served it with low-carb ice cream and the kids put chocolate frosting on their cake. I mixed a little Splenda into some softened cream cheese and that was my frosting.
*
It was pretty tasty for a 10-minute dessert. And there wasn't three-quarters of a big cake left over to tempt us to eat more!

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

What sweet, good children you have.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the low carb version... your kids rock!

LORI said...

THE CAKE SOUNDS YUMMY--I MAY TRY IT!