Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm Ready for My Close-up

*
We finally have all of this year's school pictures. Yes, they were all shot in September, but somehow Dylan's packet was misplaced by the photographer. It was December before I realized I'd never received it and January before I contacted the photographer and asked him to locate the photos.
*
Dylan finally brought them home this week. Now we'll see how long it takes me to label the pictures and then replace the old ones on the living room wall with these new ones! I can be a little slow sometimes at these tasks...
*
So here they are, the 2008-09 school pictures!
*
*
Dylan's picture features kind of a different pose, but he is always photogenic (age 11).
*
Jacob, on the other hand, sometimes opts for retakes. This year was no exception. He never shows his teeth in pictures because he dislikes them (he has great teeth, says his mom). I do think he is handsome in this shot (age 17). I told him he looks like a college student!
*
It's so odd not to have a picture of Sarah this year, but I guess colleges don't do school pictures!
*
We teachers receive a courtesy packet since the school needs our pictures to make photo IDs each year.
*
I shrunk this one down so I wouldn't scare anyone too badly. Some years my picture is tolerable, sometimes it makes me want to cry. This one falls somewhere in between. Hey, I can't complain--it was free!
*
Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I'll go pull those old pictures out of their frames and replace them with these. The kids will be so surprised when they get home . . .
*
*
*
PS Okay, I did it! Here is my proof:
The 8x10s on top are pictures of Sarah, Dylan, and Jacob on their 4th birthdays. The 5x7s below are their current pictures. How can anyone look at their children and not believe that families ARE forever?

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Cute pictures of each of you! I was definitely a fan of retakes too, so I was very happy to get to college and not have to worry about it!

Thanks for the good luck on my vegan attempt, although I'm sure you are much stronger than me! Your blog is actually a huge source of inspiration...especially now that I've been craving chocolate, uh oh!

Grandma Honey said...

You are so good keeping track of your kids' pictures. If my kids didn't bring them home I don't think I would notice. And so here I am all these years later not having them all. :((
By the way, I think you look really good. Nice looking kids too!