Sunday, February 1, 2009

It Makes Me Cry

My bathroom scale was not my friend this week. It just didn't want to budge. I put in a new lithium battery in case it was stuck, but it barely moved.
*
I've been good all week. I never cheated once. Oh, I thought how yummy M&Ms or a Hershey bar might be, but never seriously considered going for it.
*
When I stepped on the scale this morning, yes, I shed a few tears.
*
So I'm trying not to be too discouraged and instead focus on how much better I feel.
*
This is the point where I always give up and regain the weight, but not this time. I knew the poundage would come off more slowly now than it did when I was in my 40s, so I must be patient.
*
Even if I only average a 1-pound loss per week, I'd still be almost 40 lbs. lighter by the time we go on vacation in July. I can live with that.
*
I lost less than half a pound this week, which puts me at a 13-lb. loss. Not too bad for 4 weeks.
*
Patience and perseverence . . .

4 comments:

LORI said...

MAYBE BEING SICK HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT? HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON! KEEP GOING, DON'T GIVE UP!

ashley b said...

Well I think that 13 pounds is awesome! You for sure shouldn't get too upset about this week. That happens. And who knows in a few weeks you could be looking at a surprising number.

L3TitBL33D said...

Well, Well, Well....
You hit the blockade and the little visions of cheat, cheat, cheat hit your subconscious, that is great news, cause it means that your body and soul are beating the (hopefully) weaker subconscious now. You bring a gun to a gun fight, not a knife. that's what exercise and diet do to us. A fight to the fittest go the spoils... Anyhoo, that's about were Tam and I are at, she's staying put at her weight, but her clothes are fitting loose and she looks good. I've gone up in weight a couple of pounds, but my inches keep dropping. Go figure?

Brittany said...

Hi Aunt Mary! Yep, that's always been one of my favorite quotes. I'm afraid I've been a little lazy with the blog lately, but I'm sure I'll find something interesting to write about sometime soon, ha ha. It's so great to be able to keep in touch with you this way! Hope everything's going well :)