Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jacob's New Job

Last night I finally got over to the restaurant where Jacob has been working for the past week. Everyone there seems to be pleasant and determined to make the restaurant a success.
*
The all-you-can-eat buffet was tempting. The food looked and smelled delicious. It even had some low-carb items. Here is Jacob replenishing the buffet's fresh grapes.
Dylan pleaded to stay and have dinner there. I might have done it if I could afford it. The cost for the buffet last night was $14 per person. Jacob says the buffet varies every night. The cost for a seafood buffet on the weekend was $11.
*
Jacob has become their jack-of-all-trades, dabbling in all the tasks. Every night he comes home with a pocket full of tips which are quickly adding up. His favorite part!
*
I practically had to force him to take off 2 nights this week. He didn't realize how much work and school were taking out of him. Even a job you love is better with an occasional break!
The first night he was home he went to "rest" on his bed and woke up at 6:30 the next morning!
*
This is his 2nd restaurant job. In the summer of 2006 he was a waiter and host at Mama Bear's, in Arizona's oldest log lodge.
*
The past 2 summers he worked in the Trading Post at Camp Geronimo. He planned to return this summer; now he's not so sure.
*
On another note, the Valentine's Dance pictures came back today. I thought theirs came out well.
The kids made the background themselves. Morp is "Prom" spelled backwards because the girls ask the guys. When I was in high school in California we called it the Sadie Hawkins Dance. I doubt kids today even have a clue who Sadie Hawkins was!

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

You should be so proud (and I know you are) that you have a son so willing to work while still in high school. Also, I love the way you told him that you could not afford to eat at that buffet. So many parents just can't seem to say those words and they will buy whatever just not to disappoint their kids. But in reality, being honest with them and teaching them that we can't have everything we want, is so healthy! Not that I know everything, but I know you're a GOOD MOM.