Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Funny Valentines

Happy Valentines Day, my dear friends!
*
As a single mom (and likely to stay that way, apparently), I was tempted to adopt a "Bah, humbug!" attitude about Valentines Day.
*
I guess the secret romantic deep within me is just too strong.
*
Besides, my life is filled with the love of a wonderful family and great friends. How do you ignore that?
So I bought little heart-shaped boxes of chocolates for the great loves of my life, my sweet children.
*
Then, of course, I had to buy a box of sugar-free chocolates for myself. You know, just so I wouldn't be tempted to sneak sweets from my sweets!
*
Besides, who would bring candy to an old lady like me?
Surprise! My darling Sarah stole away this morning and came home with a dozen red roses and a box of sugar-free candies for me. I was so incredibly touched by her thoughtfulness.
*
I hadn't even dropped any hints, so it all came straight from her beautiful heart.
*
We immediately put the roses in water, then we broke open the chocolates and shared them.
*
Jacob has been gone all day on his own Valentine's Day quest. The SADD Club is in charge of the school's Valentines Dance tonight, a girls-ask-guys affair, so he left at 11am to decorate.
Jacob's friend Chelsea asked him to the dance, so after decorating he and his friend Bryce (they're double-dating) planned to meet up with Chelsea and Bryce's date Monique. Chelsea wanted to do Jacob's hair. I admit it makes me a little nervous.
*
I okayed dye (gulp) but no tattoos!
*
Here are Jacob and Bryce with the chocolates and roses they got their dates.
Tonight I am chaperoning the Valentines Dance. I will be there armed with my camera and poised to slightly embarrass my son (he's been forewarned).
*
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post on the big dance!
*
May your every day be filled with love!

2 comments:

LORI said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO THE SHOWLOW-LAKESIDE CREW!

Grandma Honey said...

What good kids you have. Sarah is a sweetheart for sure!!
Can't wait to hear about the big dance!